Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring! Allergies!! Sinus Infection!!!

I love Spring.  I love cool mornings, warm days, cool evenings, spring rain showers, fresh budding trees and flowers.  It's all so beautiful.  But with all that comes my spring allergies. They are in full force today.  Wednesday night I began to sneeze and sneeze and sneeze.  I woke up on Thursday morning with crusty, yucky stuff all around my eyes and nose.  I felt horrible at work on Thursday....more sneezing, blowing, eyes watering, etc. etc. etc.  You get the picture!  By the time I left work and got home I was worse and feeling really terrible.  I slept for about 18 hours and I soooo hoped I would feel better today, but no such luck.  I think I have a full blown sinus infection. I haven't felt like doing anything today but holding the sofa down.  One of the ladies that I work with mentioned to me yesterday after hearning me sneeze about 25 times and seeing me walk around with a kleenex permanently fixed under my nostrils that I needed to try a Neti Pot.  A what???? She proceeded to tell me that one of the nurses there told her about it.  I ventured out to Walmart this afternoon and picked up one.  If you haven't heard of them and you suffer from allergies then go right now and google it or click on my link and read all about it. Just using it one time has already made a difference.  At least I can get some air through my nostrils right now.  
I'm pretty miserable but I still love Spring!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I have allergy issues really bad but have avoided sickness so far this season. I have basically locked myself in the house. I did go out Tuesday and then yesterday but so far I'm ok. I've heard of teh Neti Pot but will investigate further. Nothing seems to help me so I sleep sitting up, breathing through my mouth...ughhh. I have gotten steroid shots when nothing else helped. Either it helps or it doesnt. Feel better soon!!

Beth E. said...

Neti Pots are awesome! I use one frequently. Unfortunately, I let my sinus infection get too bad before I used it this time. I couldn't even get the water to go through my sinuses.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Blessings...
Beth :o)

The Mommy said...

I can't wait to hear all about your Neti Pot results tomorrow!!