Monday, April 20, 2009

Another Good Recipe

I didn't have much to eat today and I was getting really hungry at work so I went to the lobby and found some magazines. I thumbed through them hoping something would catch my eye that I could fix for dinner. Well, something did and I fixed it and it was yum!

This was really light and mild in flavor. We had two servings and we have 2 servings left over for lunch tomorrow. After we finished dinner I cooked the rest of the bag of spinach in a little vegetable broth and added it to the pasta. Tomorrow it will be a little more spinachy.

Sorry no pictures.
It didn't stay on the plate long enough : > (

Found this in the Ladies Home Journal March 2009 edition.

Farfalle with Mushrooms & Spinach

Work: 10 minutes / Total: 20 minutes

6 oz dried farfalle (bow tie pasta)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushroom
2 cloves garlic minced
4 cups spinach thinly sliced
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion/mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in spinach, thyme and pepper and cook until spinach is slightly wilted, about 1 min.

Toss mushroom and spinach mixture with pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Makes 4 servings

Per serving: 225 calories, 5.5 g total fat


1 comment:

Tara said...

Ok, this sounds like my kind of food. I love pasta and mushrooms even more!