Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Doctor, the Diagnosis

As the day wore on today I kept getting worse so I decided to go to the Dr.  By the time I got there I could barely get any air into my lungs.  My chest hurt, my back hurt and my head hurt from lack of oxygen.  Each breath sounded worse!  I told the girl at the desk I couldn't breathe and she proceeded to get together a bunch of forms for me to fill out.  I couldn't even tell you what I wrote or if it's ledgible.  I just wanted some help!  After about 30 minutes of rasping for breath in the waiting room I finally got to go back.  3 1/2 hours later I am back home.  My oxygen levels were low.  Duh!  I had two nebulizer breathing treatments, a steroid shot and came home with 4 prescriptions.  Diagnosis - Bronchitis, sinus infection, respiratory distress.  If my oxygen levels had not come up after the treatments I would have been going to the hospital. But thankfully they really helped and I'm feeling better except that I still have a croupy cough, my nose is dripping, my head hurts, my heart is racing from the treatments and I'm shaking like a leaf.  But at least I can breathe.  Going to rest now.


4 comments:

Tara said...

It makes me feel bad just reading it. Sounds like what I had that they diagnosed as asthmatic bronchitis. I completely failed two breathing tests. Get better soon!

And, didn't you know that you WILL complete those darn papers or you will just have to die in the waiting room? How ridiculous!

The Mommy said...

You know I LOVE steroid shots and braething treatments when I have bronchitis. Percocet for everything else!
Glad you feel better.

Beth E. said...

Oh, my...that's horrible! I'm praying for you, hoping that you will be able to get some rest and that you will feel much better tomorrow.

I wish I lived close-by. I'd have a big pot of homemade chicken soup (all natural, of course!) for you.

Take care, friend...

Lisa said...

So sorry you're sick. :( And you are doing so well at taking care of yourself too! Keep up the good work...and feel better soon. :)