Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fennel Anyone?

Have you ever used fennel? I saw this recipe on food network when I was at home sick this week and I got the ingredients to try it. It just looked so fresh and good. I've never tried fennel before that I'm aware of. Can't wait to make it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out. Any suggestion on what to serve with this?

Grapefruit-Fennel Salad



Ingredients

  • 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
  • 1 head fennel, fronds removed and sliced
  • 1 grapefruit, segmented
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • A few sprigs fresh parsley

Directions

Add the avocado, fennel, and grapefruit segments to a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto platter and top with parsley.

1 comment:

The Mommy said...

I would serve it with...steak! Just kidding!
Big Bird used to eat all sorts of things with fennel, but I don't think I've ever tried it.