Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh My Goodness!

Tried a new recipe.....had to share.

I bought some zucchini at the grocery this past week.  Almost forgot til I saw them in the fridge. Searched for a healthy zucchini recipe and found this.....from Cooking Light.

These turned out soooooo good and yummy.  I was craving something crunchy and "fried like" and this satisfied the craving.  

Zucchini Oven Chips

Yield

4 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)

Ingredients

  • 1/4  cup  dry breadcrumbs
  • 1/4  cup  (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese ( I had shredded parm and I actually prefer the bigger pieces over the grated )
  • 1/4  teaspoon  seasoned salt ( I was out of seasoning salt and I just used reg. table salt )
  • 1/4  teaspoon  garlic powder
  • 1/8  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
  • 2  tablespoons  fat-free milk ( I used vegetable broth instead )
  • 2 1/2  cups  (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
  • Cooking spray

Preparation

Preheat oven to 425°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.

I used my cookie cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet to catch the crumbs.  Worked great!

Nutritional Information

Calories:
61 (28% from fat)
Fat:
1.9g (sat 1g,mono 0.5g,poly 0.2g)
Protein:
3.8g
Carbohydrate:
7.6g
Fiber:
1g
Cholesterol:
5mg
Iron:
0.6mg
Sodium:
231mg
Calcium:
87mg

No comments: