Friday, April 3, 2009

Ahh two weeks......and tomorrow is weigh in

Today is the end of our 2nd week on our lifestyle change.  It's still going well.  Today is also my 44th birthday.  We did go out last night to celebrate and I did go a little bit overboard!!! BUT I'm back on track today.  My middle sis is having us over for dinner tonight and it will be healthy.  I took the day off work today and I've been a busy girl.  I got my house all cleaned up this morning and for the last couple of hours I've been in the kitchen.  Thought I'd share with you a few things I made.  

We've rediscovered WASA crisp bread.  I had eaten this years ago and I don't remember really liking it, but we bought some last week and both the hubby and I love it.  Hubby went back to Earth Fare today and he bought lots of it.  They have a website and there are lots of great sounding healthy recipes.  I tried one of them today.  We had this for lunch.

Mediterranean Tuna Salad
1 can (6 ounces) tuna in water
1 tablespoon kalamata olives, chopped
2 tsp. sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. parsley, chopped fine
1 tablespoon roasted red peppers, chopped fine
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp fresh basil, chopped fine (I was out of fresh so I used dried and it worked fine)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper

Mix all together and serve on WASA crisp bread

I also made Taboule Salad



Something else that's really simple to make and is really good on the WASA bread is chopped fresh tomato, diced sweet onion and a handful of chopped fresh cilantro, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix together and serve on WASA bread. The tomato mixture is better after an hour or two. The salt will bring out the juice of the tomato. I drain that off before serving. Yum!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

all sounds yummy! the tuna salad especially. I am the only one in my house that likes it, but my mom does, so for our lunch next week, I think I'll make it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :) And happy Sabbath. nite!
ps...isn't God amazing with what has been happening with Stellan/Jennifer, and just all the hits/pics, and everything?!

Beth E. said...

This sounds so good! I'll have to try it.

Sending belated Happy Birthday wishes to you. We've been out of town this weekend, and I have missed two days of blogging. Hope you had a great day!

Blessings...