Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all my blogging buddies.

Thanks to all of you that have sent Get Well wishes. I'm not feeling much better today, but I'm sure I'll get there soon. Hopefully by going to work time tomorrow!!! :> (

The hubby and I didn't get to go to the family lunch today at my sister's house. I will miss my niece Jamie's baby shower this afternoon too, but I sure wouldn't want to spread these germs around. We just enjoyed a nice lunch at home. The hubby is watching the Masters on tv and I'm settled in to a Hallmark channel movie. Watched 3 of them last night. Great movies this weekend!!

A New Favorite
One of my new favorite foods is roasted asparagus. All of these years I've turned up my nose and said I didn't like asparagus and I don't think I ever really tasted it. I've discovered that I love it. Especially when it's on sale because it can be quite pricey. L.o.w.e.s Foods had it on sale this week for 1.29 a pound. I bought two big bundles. All I do is trim the big ends off, rinse it good, place it on a cookie sheet covered in foil, drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven at 400 until it's tender and starting to get a little crispy on the outside. I turned it every once in a while with the tongs to make sure it cooks evenly. Yummy with some wild rice and toasted almonds.



3 comments:

Tara said...

I just walked in from Lowes Foods and picked up some asparagus. I had the same thing in mind of roasting it. I normally cook it and add hollandaise sauce but I dont think that is very healthy at all:-D

Maybe in the past, you had eaten the asparagus in the can....now that stuff is mushy and not good at all.

Beth E. said...

I've never cared for asparagus, but I just might try it again, fixing it this way! :o)

Lisa said...

Ewww yes I do remember trying the kind in the can. A yucky, mushy mess! Love the fresh stuff though.

When I was growing up my mama fixed all kinds of veggies for us, but I never remember having asparagus, ever! We really missed out on a good thing. I like it almost as much as fried okra!! : > )