Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 9 - A Happy Day

Today is Day 9 of our lifestyle change.

Nothing new on the menu today except for baked sweet potatoes.  I baked a pan in the oven this morning early.  Hubby had one for his lunch without butter and sugar and the stuff that makes them taste so good but so bad for you.   I had more lettuce wraps.  I'm hung up on them now I think.  I'm already thinking about packing some for my lunch tomorrow.  I did add some almond slivers today to the veggies when I was stir frying them in a bit of olive oil.  The added crunch was great.  I'm about to go make a batch of the asian sesame dressing to have on hand.  I just made a very small amount of it yesterday.  I love just a tiny drizzle of it on my salad too.  The sesame oil in it gives it such a wonderful nutty flavor.   We also had a large raw salad for lunch with fresh avocado dressing.  

I have so much more energy today.  I got up early and we've been working on the kitchen all morning.  We've organized cabinets, drawers, the pantry, got rid of stuff we aren't going to eat or use and rid of old spices that are no longer tasty.  The hubby is now working outside a bit.  We haven't even started getting our yard ready for spring.  We need mulch and ferns for the porch and so much more.  There's always so much work to do.  

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.  It will be over soon.  Enjoy it to the mostest!!!

Blessings
L

No comments: