Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time for Confession


Updated at bottom of post

Today is Day 5 of our lifestyle change.  

I have a confession to make.  Late yesterday afternoon both the hubby and myself were having dizzy spells and just overall fatigue.  We decided that maybe we should have something cooked and starchy so we did.  We're not out to make ourselves sick with this and it is a huge change and shock to our bodies so we did what we thought would be best.  I felt a little guilty that I wasn't sticking to my plan but I felt much better after I ate.   We didn't do bad.  We had baked potatoes and dry toast with a huge salad.  Our plan was to have nothing but RAW foods for the first two weeks.  I don't think what we had was bad, just not what I had commited myself to do.

I don't know why but I feel so much more awake in the mornings.  I mean early mornings.  I don't feel lazy and like I need to sleep a couple more hours.  I have been trying to get in the bed earlier at night though.  Maybe that is helping also.  My brain just feels lighter!  I don't know if I've lost any weight or not, but I am starting to feel better.

Basically during the work week we've been doing fresh fruit bowls with a sprinkle of raw nuts and seeds and a drizzle of raw honey in the mornings and raw veggies and salads for lunch.  The hubby has enjoyed the corn salad and raw sweet potato salad in his lunches.  I've been doing celery and carrot sticks and red and yellow pepper strips with homemade fresh avocado dip and black olives. We're drinking lots of distilled water and carrot juice.  

Remember all those fresh veggies and fruits we bought last Friday?  Well they are dwindling. We are out of the grape tomatoes, apples and green onions and we have one more serving of bananas, lettuce, grapes, blood orange, strawberries and blueberries.  I'm thinking that we may need to go to Earth Fare again tomorrow night.  We can find a few organic veggies and fruits at Walmart, but Earth Fare has such beautiful produce and you can find anything you need there. Whole Foods is also great but a little farther for us to drive.

This weekend will be interesting as I have plans to meet up with my sisters for a birthday outing on Sunday.  They are coming to my house and then we will go out to eat and maybe somewhere shopping.   I know I can make good choices in a restaurant though.  I just have to be strong.

Happy Wednesday if you are reading this!!

P.S. I have failed to mention that the heartburn and acid reflux that I was having every single night has been gone since the 2nd day.  I have not had to take the daily dosage of acid control. Praise Jesus!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Raw sweet potato? Hmmm...never thought of eating it raw. I don't think you cheated! Like you said, you don't want to get sick. You're doing great! Happy Wednesday to you too!

Beth E. said...

I don't think you cheated, either! I mean, what's the difference between eating a potato and eating corn? They're both vegetables, they are both starches. Was the bread whole wheat? That shouldn't be bad for you. I think you are doing great!

Lisa said...

I don't think it was bad, it was just not what I had committed myself to do. RAW for two weeks was my plan, but hey, I made the plan so I can break it right? LOL I feel better anyway.