Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moving Forward.......

I know you probably think I'm crazy...........but I am really having to prepare myself mentally for this change.  It's not going to be easy, I know that.  My bestest friend at work said to me at lunch today "you are gonna be one ill heifer next week".  LOL I hope not, but I'm not making any promises!  I'm still reading the Hallelujah Diet and making notes both on paper and mental notes. The hubby took the book to work today and read some.  We've been reading it together too.  He had lots to say about it when he got home.  He's trying to prepare his mind too.  I think I have a plan now.

* My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the end of June.  The hubby wants to lose 24 pounds.  I need to lose more, but that's my first goal.
* I'm starting the food change on Sunday March 22nd.  
* We will take "before" pictures.  
* We will keep daily food diaries, even when we cheat, and we will cheat!
* My plan is to eat nothing but raw fruits and veggies and fresh fruit and veggie juice and water for the first two weeks.  This will aid in cleansing the colon and digestive system.
* I do plan to exercise, but probably will not start for the first couple of weeks until my body and my mind starts to adjust and gets use to less carbs.
* We will weigh on Sunday only, every week.  The scales will be put away at all other times.
* Probably most importantly I will begin the day with prayer and end the day with prayer.

AND I will cling to this promise found in Psalm 103:2-5

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things I'm thankful for today:
Plans.....
Sunshine
My schnauzer children (even though I've been very short tempered with them this evening)
Forgiveness
Team work!

Sending up prayers today for:
Nicole's surgery tomorrow


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Reading about where you say you know you will cheat reminded me of something I did when I was losing weight a few years ago (still need to lose more though)...Every Thursday night when I was watching Survivor, I would allow myself my one cheat...a nice yummy whoopie pie! Do you know what that is? It's a northern thing I think. Anyway, during the rest of the week, I did great, the thought of that decadent dessert on Thursday night kept me going! ha!! And, I did lose weight!!! I think you have such an awesome plan, and the fact that you are acknowledging you cannot do it alone, and need God is great. Good luck, enjoy your last Sabbath of free food! Just kidding... :)

Christina said...

I love that verse from the Bible. I think that will become my motto for our lifestyle change too. I looked at the Hallelujiah Diet Website. I would love to go on one of their retreats!!

Lisa said...

Me too Tina. I'd love to visit Hallelujah acres. Maybe we can do that sometime.