Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 6

Today is Day 6 of our Lifestyle Change.

Nothing very interesting happened today.  Fruit for breakfast, raw veggie salad from the hospital cafeteria salad bar.  It was tough because it was Taco Bar day and it's one of my very favorite meals the cafeteria serves.  I went with my co-workers and got raw veggies from the salad bar along with a few black olives, some sunflower seeds and raisins.  They didn't have any healthy salad dressing that I like so I snitched a little guacamole from the taco bar.  They make the best guacamole. (I'm very picky about salad dressing...not many commercial bottle dressings that I'll eat...they just taste yuck to me!) I've been making avocado dressings this week anyway so it was fine.  I enjoyed my lunch and watching my friends with taco salads.  

We needed to grocery shop again as we were started to run out of fresh veggies and fruits.  We didn't go to the specialty health food grocery store this time but we hit up a big Harris Teeter in Greensboro.  Man, what a store.  We loved it.  They had many of the same organic fruits and veggies that Earth Fare has.  But before we went to the grocery store we needed some dinner.We were both pretty filled to the gills with raw so we did have some bread and orzo pasta. We ordered an appetizer of bruschetta.  Crunchy toasted bread topped with chopped fresh tomato, fresh basil, diced garlic, olive oil and shaved parmesan cheese.  It was yummy and pretty healthy I think.  It was a nice switch.

We were surprised while sitting in the restaurant, just about to order and someone came up beside us and said excuse me sir, but what would you like to order?  We looked up to find my nephew Braxton and his girl Vanessa.  They were celebrating their 1 year anniversary as a couple.  They were seated in the booth behind us.  We secretly paid for their dinner before we left as an anniversary gift.  They are a sweet couple.  He text'd me while we were in the grocery store and was so surprised and thankful for the gift.

That's about it for Day 6.  Tomorrow morning we have our health assessment at the hospital. My insurance company requires it each year.  Fun!  I'm thinking I should have started this lifestyle change long before now. : > )

No comments: