Saturday, June 27, 2009

What a Lazy Day!

I wanted to go to the pool today but shortly after I got up it started to get partly cloudy and who wants to go to the pool only to have it come up a storm and have to pack it all up and take it back home. I told the hubby it would make things much simpler if we just installed our own pool. We tossed around the idea last summer and never did anything about it. We're tossing it again, but I don't know if we'll do anything about it this summer either. It's terribly hot here in NC today. In the 90's and it's humid. Plus my face is still peeling from last weekend at the pool. I thought I had a good enough tan to not get burned but I was wrong. My face looks nasty. It's flaking this dark brown skin and even using exfoliating gloves daily is not helping much. Sooooooo me and the pups have been lounging around the house today.....eating cheez-its and reading blogs and facebooking. Well, me, not the pups, you know.

What are your plans for the 4th of July? I will be off of work on Friday July 3rd. My sister is hosting our annual 4th of July cookout at her house on Saturday evening. The Isaacs are in NC on Saturday but it's a good long drive. I think we may head up to Bedford, VA on Sunday the 5th to see them. It's only about 140 miles, so not a bad road trip.

I am looking forward to my move at work. The orders were put in to IT on Friday to move me so I should be moved on Monday or Tuesday. I will have a nice private office. I'm trying to get a few decorating items together to dress it up. It's a large room and it will be difficult to make it cozy. I spend so much time at work, I want it to be a nice place to spend 8 hours or more a day. I will try to take a few pictures when I get moved in.

What are your thoughts about the death of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson this week? I loved Farrah in Charlie's Angels and I have loved the movies she's done like Extremeties and The Burning Bed. I remember the hair and the beautiful smile and she always had a killer tan. I know that Michael Jackson was weird and I certainly don't agree with the lifestyle that he chose but I did enjoy his music. I grew up with Michael. He was only a few years older than me. No matter what his lifestyle turned out to be his was still an amazing story from that cute little kid to the icon that he became. One of my favorite songs of his remains Billie Jean. I must not be the only one that likes it as the video has received over 14 million views on You Tube. And lastly it's not my duty to judge Michael or anyone else. HE will take care of that.

I hope each of you has a great week. If you're vacationing or working or just staying around the house....make it a great week and be safe.

Blessings,

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

I like the new look! I'm so impressed with your computer skills.

We won't be doing much for the 4th. Bo has to work on the 3rd, so that eliminates taking any kind of trip. With both boys having summer jobs, vacations have been out of the question for a couple of years now. When they both are in college, I might just convince Bill to go somewhere...just the two of us!

I've missed your comments...hop over to my blog, sometime.

Blessings,
Beth

Christina said...

Hey Girl! You would SOOOO enjoy a pool. Y'all should definitely consider it..or better yet convince your Sis S to put one in over at her house and then The Mommy and the rest of the fam can all enjoy it..and you wouldn't have to pay for it!! LOL
Plans for the 4th? None. Mom and Dad will ber in Wyoming:( Please post pics of your new office when you get all settled. You know we all want to see!!

Lisa said...

I like your patriotic page! Thanks for the tip on working with photos when posting. I will try anything. :) I have a question/favor.....I have a friend here in Maine, that is a HUGE fan of the Isaacs. She goes crazy for them. I would LOVE to get her something signed by each of them, could you possibly work some magic?! A poster, or even just a post card! Her name is Janice...Are they on tour here in the Northeast? I thought I remembered her saying she was going to be seeing them soon, and was doing the countdown!

The Mommy said...

I would pay good money for a lazy day!!! These two crazy girls are keeping me on my toes.
Do you remember when Mama used to call me Farrah because of the way I tossed my hair over my shoulder??

Lisa said...

I do remember when she called you Farrah! I had forgotten about that. You use to toss it like her and it was always fluffy on top too. LOL I'm ready to see the babies again!!! Sometime soon please!!