Friday, June 19, 2009

Yum - a cool summer recipe

I'm joining my friend and cuz Christina over at we-5-kings for Friday Foodie. Those of you that know me know that I'm all about some good food. Christina's green pea salad looks so good. That recipe made me think about this one and I decided I'd share with you all.

Corn Salad

2 cans of your favorite Niblet corn - mix it up with yellow and white corn for prettiness! - Drain it!
1/2 of a medium green pepper - diced fine
1/4 cup onion - diced fine - red, yellow, white or green will work just fine
1 small ripe tomato diced
1 small ripe avocado diced
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 hard boiled eggs - diced
salt & pepper to taste
enough mayonnaise to thoroughly coat everything. I don't measure it. Start with 2 tablespoons and add more if needed.
dash of yellow mustard

Mix everything well and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!!



2 comments:

Tara said...

That does look good!

Christina said...

Yum! That loos sooo good. I am gonna have to try it for sure!

Thanks for sharing this recipe with us!!