Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away and other random thoughts

Getting just a tad tired of cloudy, gloomy days.  I'm ready to see some beautiful spring weather. I soooo wanted to spend some time outside this weekend to soak up some sun and to get some outside work done.  Today has been so dark and windy and pretty cool too.  We have our windows cracked open a little and it's beginning to feel a little chilly.  I know that in a few weeks it will be HOT and we'll be wishing for a few days like this.  I just wish we didn't have so many in a row.  

The hubby and I took a little trip to Raleigh and visited the state Farmer's Market.  They had so many lovely plants and flowers and strawberries galore.  We came away with nothing except a fig tree.  My in-laws had a great fig tree at their house and the hubby has wanted one for a long
time.  I wish we'd planted it years ago when we first moved here, but we didn't.  He's also been planting grape vines which we also should have started years ago.  Hopefully they will live and we'll both be able to harvest fruit from them.  The hubby has also planted several different kinds of tomato plants, squash and cucumbers.  I love planting things and watching them grow and start to produce.  While in Raleigh we visited North Hills and ate a small Italian restaurant called Cinnelli's it was really good.  I picked up a great buy at the Wolfe Camera store that is going out of business......a flash for my Canon Rebel digital camera.  I got it for 80% off.  

Friday evening I drove over to my sister's house.  They were getting ready to have a yard sale on Saturday.  They were starting to put their things out under the carport.  Of course I found a few things I needed at my house.  My niece had this cute table and I thought it would fit perfectly at one end of the loveseat so I brought it home.  

the little table with the red lamp

That's about all I've been up to this weekend.  Soon it will be time to return to work.  The weekends always go by so fast.  I do look forward to the end of this week because I will be taking a road trip to Gatlinburg to spend the weekend with my friends The Isaacs.  They are in Zambia Africa right now but they will be returning home on Wednesday this week.  I can't wait to hear all about their trip.  I know it's been a life changing experience for them.

I hope each of you has a great week!  Blessings!


2 comments:

Christina said...

I, too am getting tired of gloomy weather. I hate to complain because I know hot weather will be here very soon!
I love, love, love to go to the State Farmer's Market. There is a vendor who sets up there who makes the world's best salsa. It is sooo good. I really like the goat cheese vendor too!!
Glad y'all have had a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to next weekend. We are all off of work and school on Monday so it will be a nice long weekend!
Your new table is really cute. We are going to have a yard sale on June 13th at the church with all of the proceeds going to W.E.E. I am in charge of getting donations and organizing the whole day. I hope it goes well!

Beth E. said...

Christina is making me hungry talking about that salsa! LOL

Glad you had a good weekend. :o)