Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm Alive but I'm discouraged

Greetings Bloggy buddies.......

I am still here, still trying to get healthy.  Today I am slightly bored and discouraged.  I had been doing so good with my eating.  Still no soft drinks, no snacking, etc.  The scales just won't move!  I don't weigh every day, just a couple times a week.  It's so disheartening to feel like you've been so good and step on the scales and What?  Still weigh the same as a week ago!  Bummer!!  Now don't get me wrong I have had a couple of bad days.  One being last Sunday.  I went to The Mommy's house for my little niece's birthday and I did have cake.  Well, OK, 1 slice of homemade pound cake and 1 yummy cupcake, but I had hardly had anything else the rest of the day. AND I did get a major migraine that evening and lost it all several times if you know what I mean.  I have been getting more exercise too.  Mostly in the form of manual labor in the yard.  I just need something to majorly shock my system.  If you have any suggestions, spill the beans please.  Unless something happens soon I'm going to drink a 64 oz Dr. Pepper, go to Sir Pizza and order a Large pizza with extra cheese, have some cheesecake and buy me a big ol bag of Rolos!!


4 comments:

Beth E. said...

Bless your heart! Don't give in...you're doing great! How about cardio? Have you been doing any? That might help. Of course, I'M not the one to be asking about this! ;o)

The Mommy said...

Skip the pizza and go for the salad, but have the Dr. Pepper. Mmmm, mmmm!

Lisa said...

I've missed you! glad to "see" you again! Now now, you know you really don't want that pizza and cheesecake! (Dr. Pepper, that might be a different story!) You may not be losing right now, BUT, if you eat all that, you'll see the scales move...the wrong way! I don't know any little unknown secrets, sorry. You sound like you're at a plateau, and just need to find what will get you moving downward again. How much lost so far? Keep it up, you're doing great!

Spaceofgrace said...

I hate trying to lose weight. I lost it all a year ago and was happy, then had to go on meds and gained it back. The only things that truly works is exercise and perseverance with good eating. NOT eating so little that you get hungry, because you will lose it (your willpower, not the pounds!) I found that it would go in spurts... lose a pound or two and plateau, over and over. Don't be discouraged! It is still happening even when the scales are being mean! HUGS
Rachel
P.S. I am sooo with you. I start my walking thing tomorrow.. maybe we can encourage each other! That would be so good..