Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Fare


We are sooooo enjoying the summertime garden fare. We have 29 tomato plants of several varieties and they've just started blessing us with a few ripe tomatoes. We have a couple of crooked neck squash plants and one cucumber plant. We have a favorite place that we like to buy stuff every summer. It's called The Berry Patch. Today the hubby was late getting home from work and I was thinking, hmmmm, I hope he's stopping for some veggies. I was right. He came home with beautiful tomatoes, okra, yellow squash and both green and yellow zuchinni squash. He no more than got in the door and I had the stuff washed up, sliced up and in a pan. I couldn't decide whether to fry okra or squash so I just mixed up a little of each and fried it up. It was delicious. I had planned to go to the mall but I wanted fried okra more. Can you believe that? Shopping and food are two of my favorite things.


3 comments:

Christina said...

Ohh those veggies look delicious. I can't wait until we get a tomato off our own vines. We bought some good ones at the farmer's market, but there's nothing like your own! We also bought some wonderful blackberries! I'm gonna look into growing some of those..I told Maxton we would become blackberry farmers!

Beth E. said...

I love summer and the fresh veggies that go along with it! Yummo...

Lisa said...

Hi! You have 29 tomato plants? wow! I thought I was doing good with 6! lol. My garden got in late this year, due to so much rain here in the NorthEast. But I have tomatos, 4 broccoli plants, 5 hills of cukes, and about 6 zuchinni plants. Oh, and a row of lettuce. Then there are our 5 blueberry bushes...everything should be ready about the same time, except the lettuce, that will be the soonest. I love fresh stuff right from my own garden! yum!