Sunday, July 12, 2009

MIA

I know, I've been MIA again.......well, I've been busy. Thought I would try and put my thoughts down while I have a few minutes this beautiful Sunday morning.

We had a great 4th of July weekend. My hubby and I were off on Friday. We met my cuz Tina and her family on Friday at noon for a little photo shoot. I'm not a pro, but I love taking photos with my Canon Rebel and editing them with Photoshop. It was a lot of fun. Tina and her husband Robert have 3 sweet boys. It was a joy to see them. We had lunch at Wendy's (which we never do. Had not been to Wendy's in years to sit down and eat) We pretty much relaxed around the house the rest of Friday. I watched a lot of Lifetime movies. It felt good to just be at home and not really have to do anything if I didn't want to. I did make another huge pan of Peanut butter bars with blackberry jam. MMMMM so good.


On Saturday I got up with a little headache. It grew and grew and grew throughout the day and by night fall I had a full blown migraine. My family got together at my sister's house for a cookout in the evening. We had some yummy hotdogs and hamburgers. I wasn't feeling much like eating, but I enjoyed being with my family. We didn't get home til around midnight. My hubby insisting staying there until the race was over. I hit the bed when we got home and tried to sleep off the headache. No such luck. Sunday morning arrived and it was still present. I ended up staying in a dark room, wrapped in a throw with the tv playing low all day long. The headache finally subsided late in the evening. It was horrendous. I hate it when that happens.

On Monday I went back to work tired and trembly which I always am after a migraine. It's like it drains all your inner strength and it takes a couple of days to get your systems all working right again. After lunch on Monday I moved my office to it's new location. I had started moving a few things the previous Thursday. I like to move a little at a time and put everything in it's place as I go and that way there isn't so much at one time. I was settled in my new place by 3 on Monday. I love it so far. It's quiet and roomy and I think it will work out very well for me. I miss my friend Missy who was my next door neighbor over in the hospital, but we can still email and meet for lunch whenever we want to.

I'm not sure where the rest of this week went! I was busy at work and it seemed we had something to do at home every evening. We had been doing a little car shopping now and then for a couple of months. The week before the 4th we found one we really liked. We thought about it, prayed about it, looked at it and drove it several times. Finally on Thursday this week we made the decision to purchase it. It's such a big decision. A car, with what they cost these days, is a big investment. It's not a decision to be made lightly. We're loving it so far. I hope it lasts a really long time.


Yesterday we took a long ride through the country. It was a beautiful day. Last night I caught up on reading blogs, spent some time on Facebook, watched the race with the Hubby and caught a good nights sleep. Today I am meeting up with a my friend Hannah and her family at a local park. She asked me to take some photos of her little family.

Here's wishing good things for each of you! Make every day a wonderful day!


2 comments:

Christina said...

we love our photos. you did such a great job! thanks for being a wonderful cuz! your new car is beautiful. enjoy!!

Beth E. said...

Sounds like a busy time in your life!

I really like the picture you posted of your cousin's family. You do a great job.

With all you've been into lately with the move, buying a car, travel, etc., I'm not surprised that you had a migraine! Shew...I've had on or two diagnosed "migraines" in my life (due to some other health issues), but haven't had one for years. I'm so sorry you have to endure them...they are so very painful!

Praying that you will stay pain free - no more headaches!

Have a great week,
Beth