Thursday, October 29, 2009

Taste buds are working again........

I have had such respiratory problems for weeks now that nothing tasted good to me. I think my taste buds are trying to make up for lost time now. As of today I am feeling better and I can taste and smell again.

I wanted to share this with you. I picked up an oriental dinner kit at W.a.l.m.a.r.t recently and decided to make it tonight. It was so yummy I just had to tell someone. The kit was Wanchai Ferry Kung Pao Chicken. It was very easy to make, only takes about 20 minutes from the time you open the box til it's ready to eat. It was really tasty. Almost as good as P.F.C.h.a.n.g.s. Did I just say that??? They have several different dinners available. I googled the reviews for them and the Kung Pao seems to be the favorite. I followed the directions on the box and I also added a handful of cashews and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. I added them at the same time it says add the packet of peanuts that came with the kit. I love toasted nuts in my Chinese food. Yummo! I will be making this often!
Not sure why their website doesn't show the Kung Pao. Maybe it's new. There's also a link for $1.50 off a kit on the website. I got it at W.a.l.m.a.r.t for $3.88. Give it a try!!




3 comments:

The Mommy said...

We were looking at these the other day. I was going to get one yesterday and they were like $6.48. Maybe it was ajumbo kit? I'll add this to my grocery list.

Tara said...

Kung Pao is the only thing I ever get at PF Changs or any other Chinese joint. Maybe I'll check this out! Hope you continue to improve!

Beth E. said...

Sounds like something we'd love...is it in the oriental section of the store?

Thanks for the tip!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. :-)