Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lovin Autumn, but Hatin these allergies!


I am so tired of sniffing, sneezing, blowing, dripping, swollen eyes, coughing.......you get the picture!
The Autumn allergy fairy has visited our home and I'm so ready for her to leave!

Thought I'd share this recipe with you. If you are my friend on Facebook then you've seen it already. A friend shared some of these muffins with us last weekend when we went to Rocky Mount, NC to see The Isaacs. We loved them so much I asked for the recipe and I've made them twice this week.

Pecan Pie Muffins

1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 eggs
1 stick Melted Butter

Mix first three ingredients. Whisk together eggs and butter and add to dry mixture. Mix together, put in muffin tins sprayed with Baker's Joy and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. ( I bake for 20. I like them moist.) This recipe also doubles well.

**Don't have pecans? Use Walnuts! I also added a tsp. of vanilla flavoring just because my mama taught me it makes almost all baked goodies even better. These are so yummy!




3 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds really yummy and really easy, a great combo! I'm gonna have to give these a try very soon. I also believe that vanilla makes almost everything better. I even put a little in boxed cake mix when I'm taking the easy route, which I rarely do. I love to bake from scratch! Thanks for sharing!

Beth E. said...

This sounds like a delicious recipe...thanks for sharing it!

Hope your allergies clear up soon.

The Mommy said...

That stick of butter would NOT be good for my thighs! I desperately need to lose at least 10 pounds...yesterday!